Soil in Texas is notorious for its clay content, a substance that, like a sponge, can shrink and swell - movement that can spell disaster for structures supported on it. Falkofske Engineering, Inc. is adept at designing foundations for residential and commercial buildings in the clayey Texas soils.
Many building departments have expanded their requirements for permitting to include shear wall and full framing designs in the DFW metroplex. The engineers at Falkofske have over 30 years’ experience in framing design. Designs will be done in accordance with local building code requirements and standard engineering practices.
Structural Design Services from Falkofske
We can provide the client a unified structural design incorporating the foundation, shear walls, load bearing walls, and framing. We will work with the client and take into consideration constructability but not compromise factors of safety.
Our Building Structural Design Services include:
- Structural framing design (wood, concrete or steel)
- Bracing and shear wall design (wood, concrete or steel)
- Residential foundation design, (slab on grade (post tensioned, or mild steel), pier supported slabs, steel beam on metal decking.)
- Commercial foundation design (slab on grade (post tensioned, or mild steel), pier supported slabs.)
- Structural framing assessment and modifications to existing structures.